Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dark Days

Click photos for larger view.


Playing so much with color lately had me craving a dark day.  Or perhaps it’s the overcast sky that put me in a mood…  We’re having a bit of a cold spell this week, so at least I get to continue having fun with spring-time sweaters.  This gem from Bebe has slightly sheer ruched sleeves and a fabulous X detail in the back.


This is actually an outfit I would wear to work or on the weekend, which is a bit of a rarity for me.  There aren’t many pieces in my wardrobe that I am willing to overlap like that.  I guess that is because I feel like I’m putting on an act when I dress for work, so anything that’s work appropriate becomes associated in my mind with that alternate persona.  It’s not that I don’t truly love some of my work clothes; it’s just that those clothes say “work” and “fitting in” rather than “fun” and “being myself.”

Of course, the lace cuffs came off before I got to work but would be essential for the weekend.  :)  And I’ll probably throw a cardigan on before my meeting today, as this is admittedly not my most conservative outfit for the office.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The X on the back is fabulous!

Sal Kaye said...

I agree with you:
This outfit is great for both work and weekends.
I love all about it, truly.

I've been trying to find simple black jeans for a week now but without success. :(
I had hoped to wear them for work.
The only pair that fit somehow was gray and I didn't like me in it.

P.S. I found a place that sells shoes like yours but the heels are way too high for my comfort. I can't walk in them. :(

Zellain said...

I really love this outfit. The lace cuffs are such a nice touch.

Audronasha said...

But it looks wonderful. Just change the hairdo. The top is really great. I love the sleeves. And the laces on you wrists a beautiful too. Try different hair style, let them fall on your shoulder. You cam make it elegant retro Gothic :) Also I imagine you without glasses and darker make up. Also some darker accessories (cross or something like that) and voila :) I have some clothes that I can wear on a official occasion but if I add some striking accessories (like bat pendant, pentagram earrings and coffin ring) Change my hair in more chaotic and Gothic style, make a heavy make up I can wear them to a club as well. I especially like like such transformations. I think I'll have a post about it too:P

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Betty, I was really tempted to use a cheesy title for this post due to that X, but I refrained... :-D

Sal, good luck on the jeans search! Hopefully you will find the perfect fit eventually. I came across some that were perfect for me about a year ago, so I bought three pairs! And tall heels do take a lot of practice...

Zellain, thanks so much! I added the cuffs at the last minute to make things more interesting. :)

Audronasha, that's a great way to look at it. Most anything can be "Gothed up" with the right accessories, hair and makeup! One time I even threw my PVC buckle corset on over a rather boring red dress I had worn to work for a quick outfit for clubbing that night. Of course, I added the tall boots and tons of makeup. :) It does open up a world of possibilities rather than having totally separate work/fun clothes...

Unknown said...

Love it you do look so classy!

http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

What cheesy title? Now I want to know! The layered necklaces look especially wonderful.

emmajane. said...

gorgeous! So flattering on your figure + i love the gloves.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Thanks, Ms. Lou! :)

Becky, unfortunately "X Marks the Spot" did cross my mind in my 6 AM haze... Fortunately I realized that it sounded risque (NOT my intention) before I actually posted it. Then there were a few X-Men references... lol!

Emmajane, thanks for visiting my blog, and for the nice comment! :)