Friday night, we decided to try out a place we had only been to once before. Things are transitioning in the L.A. club scene, so we have to remain open to different options... This week we tried out a long-running Industrial club. They have a room that caters to "Retro Industrial Dance" music, which is my second-favorite genre, so we thought it would be fun. Instead of my usual frilly romantic-Victorian Goth style, I went with a little bit edgier look to fit in better with the theme of this club.Fellow blogger MissGracie of A Goth in College recently posted this sexy outfit where she wore arm warmers over a fishnet shirt, so I must confess that she was my inspiration to try it here.
Unfortunately, this was April Fool's night and the joke was on us. The club had a bunch of guest DJs who were supposed to retain the regular feel of each dance room, but the retro room was stuck with these two idiots who played house music for over two hours. We stood there until our feet hurt and then went home. After the 1.25 hour drive, I stayed up until 4:30 AM watching an old James Stewart movie until my frustration subsided.
I think we looked pretty fabulous just standing there for hours. :) Next time, I really must get a photo with my very favorite accessory, The Sexy Husband!


8 comments:
I hate April Fool's day. Love this outfit though, the armwarmers over fishnet is a nice touch.
Aaaaaah, aah~ your little "clutch" treasure chest is adorable~! I always feel so paranoid about having a purse/clutch, because of having to carry it in my hand, but that I think I could come to enjoy.
I've done arm-warmers over long and tight sleeved shirts before for Visual Kei; how did you like it for over fishnetting? It looks natural to the rest of your outfit, which I agree is very edgy, but not so punkish [does that sound right?].
I'd daresay migrate over here somehow [East Coast] and have some clubbing, but then, I find I like what I see over there instead. Do we have no happy medium~? Someday...
Love the arm earners over the fishnets. I'll have to borrow that idea from you.
I've always loved the look of fingerless opera gloves over a slinky top! Beautiful corset and boots---those are the boots I've wanted for years!
You are SO gorgeous *swoons*
I'm with Knight of Destruction - LOVE that little chest <3
Wow. That was pretty damn rude on the DJ's part. I remember how much time and effort goes in to clubbing in LA when you live over an hour away. But you certainly did look fabulous. Nobody pulls off a corset like you! Remember Goth bowling? tee hee!
Zellain, I agree! Pranks are not appreciated after paying a $10 cover charge!!
Sir Isaak, I usually have my husband carry my ID, money, etc while we're out, so if there was a theif in the crowd I'd only be out the price of the purse, a cheap powder compact and a very expensive lipstick. :)
Ms Lou, go for it! :-D
Hexotica, the boots are Pleaser. I got them in Hollywood, but you might be able to find them online.
UltimateGothGuide, you made me blush. ;)
Betty, you totally know! You used to drive even farther to get to the clubs. Oh, I had forgotten Goth Bowling... lol! That was a fun night, although I stink at bowling with or without the corset!
Goth Bowling??? Sounds fun. :)
Great outfit as always.
The corset is awesome.
I haven't been to a club in a while and most of my "fancy" clothes went to charity. :(
I'm so angry with myself.
Post a Comment