The club confusion in Los Angeles continues, but last night we got lucky. For the past couple of years there has been an awesome Old School Goth night once a month. Recently it was announced that this wonderful night would come to an end in order to accommodate another club that was displaced due to a venue closing. As it turns out, the displaced club didn’t do so well in the new venue, so the night was returned to the Goths.
![]() |
| My beautiful husband is a bit too tall for my current studio setup. :) |
This particular club also features Death Rock, Old-School Industrial and Punk, so there was quite an interesting crowd in attendance. I’m hoping all of the support will ensure that the club remains in existence for a good long time!
Here’s a detail of the makeup. Pardon my funny expression; it’ll take me a bit to get used to the close-ups! I love to use a bit of purple or magenta on the inside corner of my eyes to add some interest amongst the darkness. Usually my eye makeup doesn’t vary much. I have the “going out” look and the “work” look and those hardly change. I’ll try to mix it up a bit so the blog stays interesting.
Lips tend to change more often. Sometimes I just go with a deep eggplant, sometimes true red, sometimes just a dark gloss, but most often this burgundy with black outline. This is my favorite club look for lips.
The fabulous fishtail skirt was a fortuitous find from Newport News. The corset is Gallery Serpentine, of course. Everything else is from random mall stores, except the sequin choker which was made by me.



14 comments:
I like it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expectacular, guapisima y tu chico igual.
Me encanta tu estilo. eres unica
Besossss Isabel
This outfit is AMAZING. You look stunning. Gallery Serpentine corsets are great, I have one myself! Your makeup looks really great too, I love the darker outline on your lips.
That's fantastic that they've reinstalled the monthly Goth night! This year here in Auckland (NZ) they've recently started up a monthly Old School Goth night as well, which is great because the scene can be pretty dead without something to get everyone together!
You and your man--exceptionally sophisto hot. I'll leave it at that.
I love your tear drop mini purse/clutch again~ and the corset. Oh, but what shoes did you wear? [why do I ask about the one thing you can't see? pfft.]
I love your lips and skirt in this, a lot!
Betty, thanks!! :)
Isabel, Gracias por las amables palabras!
Phoenix, Gallery Serpentine will always be my first choice in corsetry. I sure would like to check out the Goth scene in other countries. Sometimes I hear it's off the hook, other times I hear it's kinda dead, but it sure would be fun to do a kind of Goth Club Tour of the World! :)
Sir Isaak, the shoes were these: Pleaser Dolly with Ankle Strap. They are the most comfortable for dancing, and tall enough to keep this skirt just off the ground. :)
SaryWalrus, thank you! It's one of my very favorite skirts, although it's so form-fitting down to the knee that it takes some practice to dance in it!
This is fantastic. I love what you did with your hair.
I want your little cardigan! And you should do a hair tutorial.
....and take some photos of the cardi so I can try to copy it.
I nearly bought that same skirt and didn't. Seeing it on you, I'm regretful! It pairs wonderfully with the corset.
I'm with Kitty Lovett here: Please, o please - a hair tutorial would be sooo great!
Awesome outfit! Really love it!
Zellain, thanks! I cheated with the hair... See my other comments below. :)
Kitty Lovett, I will post a tutorial on the hair style soon. Hint - it's not real hair... ;-D
alicatstrut, you missed out. ;) I love Newport News, but I was still shocked to see something like that skirt in their catalog!
Sal, see my comment to Kitty above - hair tutorial coming soon. :)
It's not real? That's just not fair on us poor people. XD
You are a very beautiful couple :)I love your husband hair. It's amazing :)
And you look so stunning. A real madmuazel ;)
The last picture is so aristocratic.
Kitty, lol! Sorry. ;) You could create a similar look with real hair with teasing and lots of hair spray, but since I'm going for extreme length (and my hair breaks easily) I am not willing to torture my hair like that.
Audronasha, thank you! We had fun with that photo shoot. :)
Post a Comment